Ada Abroad: Living and Working in Germany

An online journal recording two years spent as a Fulbright/Pedagogical Exchange Service Teaching Assistant at secondary schools in Germany. (2003-2004 I was in a village near Bautzen; 2004-2005 I will be in Nordrhein-Westfalen.)

Name:
Location: Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany

I'm an American living in Germany, working as a foreign language assistant at a secondary school. Future plans: getting my Ph.D. (probably in Germanic Linguistics), becoming a professor, living an ethical and meaningful life.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I got an email from the Fulbright Commission today. Apparently Uni Muenster has LOST my application materials!!!!!!

Since I'm applying through Fulbright, I should still be able to enroll in the university. But this is a major pain in the ###. Especially since the online form that I'm supposed to fill out won't let me save my information... I can open the form, and I can write on it, but I can't save the changes to the form. So all I could do would be to send the blank form back to the Fulbright Commission!

I really hope that I don't have to fax it to them. Kinko's charges six dollars a page for international faxes. And this form is about five pages long. And I've been unemployed virtually all summer!

Some good news: my host school in Hamm has found an apartment where I can live rent-free for a couple of weeks, until I find permanent accomodation (hopefully in Muenster). The apartment is directly above a fire station.

I plan to bring earplugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home